While readability is of greatest importance, documents must satisfy the following minimum requirements. Documents that conform to NSF proposal format guidelines will satisfy these guidelines.
- Margins: Documents must have 2.5-cm (1-inch) margins at the top, bottom, and sides.
- Fonts and Spacing: The type size used throughout the documents must conform to the following three requirements:
Use one of the following typefaces identified below:
- Arial 11, Courier New, or Palatino Linotype at a font size of 10 points or larger;
- Times New Roman at a font size of 11 points or larger; or
- Computer Modern family of fonts at a font size of 11 points or larger.
- A font size of less than 10 points may be used for mathematical formulas or equations, figures, table or diagram captions and when using a Symbol font to insert Greek letters or special characters. PIs are cautioned, however, that the text must still be readable.
- Type density must be no more than 15 characters per 2.5 cm (1 inch).
- No more than 6 lines must be within a vertical space of 2.5 cm (1 inch).
* **Page Numbering**: Page numbers should be included in each file by the submitter. Page numbering is not provided by XRAS. * **File Format**: XRAS accepts only PDF file formats.